They love cling all over the "playground" and running after the ball. And finally after an hour of straight running, the finally gave in an passed out...Brody made sure his face was in water before chillaxin'.
Healthy Banana Bread
What you will need:
1 1/2 cup of Agave Nectar
6 very ripe bananas
1 cup greek yogurt
1/2 cup of flaxseed - I love Bob's Red Mill Flaxseed
2 tsp. Vanilla
3 scoops of Fibergy - I did not use fibergy, I added 3 scoops of My Visalus Shape-up Protein
3/4 cup egg whites- I made the mistake of using egg beaters- my bread did not rise as well... use egg whites!
3/4 tsp salt
4 cups of whole wheat flour- make this gluten-free by using Almond Flour/Meal from Red Mill.
How its done:
- Start by peeling all the bananas and mashing them up in the mixer.
- Then add your yogurt and agave nectar.
- Once you pureed the bananas, yogurt and agave, add the rest of the ingredients, blending in the wheat flour very slowly.
- Bake at 350 degress for 50 minutes.
mmm.... mush...
Flaxseed!
More mush!
Mush in bread pans!
Mush in the oven!
I totally forgot to take an after picture before I dug into my warm bread!
**Keep in mind, this bread will not be like normal bread. It is much more dense and will not rise as much.
If you are anything like me and can't stand to just have bread and need something on it, I love natural peanut butter on it to make it an actual meal or you can use almond butter as well!
The hubs and I are wrapping up the weekend with a little reading about relocation and the things we need to keep in mind over the next month. Even though we have moved here from our home town of Colorado Springs, this will be our first "assignment" so the move will go a little differently. I am getting so anxious and excited for the move. There is definitely lots to look forward to!
Well, Faith Hill is coming up in just a minute so I gotta go grab a beer and hit the couch for some awesome football! Have a great night y'all!









No comments:
Post a Comment