Warning: This post is ginormous!
So I know some of you are dying to know the fun details of how I found out I was pregnant, how far along I am, what in God's name were we thinking right before we move to Germany? I compiled a fun questionnaire that I hope you guys will enjoy!
Before I get into this, I wanted to preface our story a little for y'all. What I hope that you take from this story, the questionnaire, and our excitement, is that through the worst of times, you can over come many obstacles with the love between you and your husband, and that there truly is a plan, whether you believe that plan to come from God or the universe. And that through the best of times, you should rejoice. Rejoice with your husband and your family and friends, because life is such a blessing.
Ryan and I have been trying to have a baby for a while. Back in April 2012 we found out we were finally expecting, but 6 weeks later, we were informed that the baby was no longer growing, meaning the pregnancy was no longer viable. We were absolutely devastated, just as anyone who has been in our shoes would be. So, when we were ready, we started trying again, but it was not happening as quickly as our doctors were expecting it to, so they ran some tests. They started the first round of infertility testing at the beginning of October, which was pretty basic, they just wanted to get an idea of my hormone levels. Well, as you all know, we found out October 12th that we are moving to Germany. We took this as our sign from God that what we really needed to do was stop trying and live our life as a couple, so at my next appointment which was November 2nd, we stopped infertility treatment and I was prescribed birth control.....
How did you find out you were pregnant?
While I was home for lunch from work, I decided to take a test because I was starting a new diet and wanted to make sure I wasn't pregnant just in case, especially since I was supposed to be starting my new birth control in a couple days. I took the test, let it sit for about 20 seconds, read the results... ...*NO LINE*...
So I tossed it in the trash and went about my day. Later that night, Ryan and I went out for sushi and wine, and while we were there, someone had spilled pickle juice all over the floor. That wave of nausea hit me and I knew it....
We went right home, I dug into my bathroom trashcan and pulled out the test.... and there it was.... my very poitive pregnancy test.
What kind of Pregnancy test did you take?
The little strip test that you get off Amazon!
How many?
Well, I only had one at my house, and that was the one I used during lunch, but I took about 100 more after that!
What were your 1st symptoms?
Well, nothing but a tiny bit of nausea... and that morning I had a really hard time running! I went to the gym at 4:30am as usual and was running on the treadmill and at about 2 miles I had to stop because I kept feeling weird. Ha!
Who did you tell first?
My husband, of course!
Who was with you when you found out?
Ryan! Thank goodness!
My 1st reaction:
Well, I walked around the corner into the living room where Ryan was standing and stood there just mouth gaping open. All I could choke out was, "Ryan, I think I am pregnant." I was freaking out inside. We just found out that we are moving to Germany, he will be gone in training when this baby is supposed to be due, and holy hell I am moving to Germany right after I have a baby. What the big 'ol "F" word did we do?!
Was your baby planned?
Yes, technically...
When was the baby conceived?
Late October or early November, I suppose!
How far were you when you found out?
3 weeks and 4 days
How did your parents react?
One word: Stunned.
We showed them our chalkboard when we went to visit for Thanksgiving...
It was hilarious to watch them all figure it out.
For about 10 seconds they just stood there staring at us.
Then they cried and laughed and were super excited, but we stunned the crap out of our parents!
My baby
Due Date:
July 26, 2013
Do you know the sex?
Not yet!
Any names?
We do! But we are keeping them a secret until he or she is here. So for right now I will just share initials!
C.A.R or K.N.R.
Any Ultrasounds?
We have had three! Here are the first two, but the last one was a really, really bad picture.
Have you heard the heart beat?
Yes! We got to head it at the first ultrasound at 6 weeks 4 days and we got to hear it by doppler at our first OB appointment on January 4th!
Who do you think it will look like?
No idea! I hope it will have dark hair like Ryan and light eyes like me.
Will the baby have siblings?
Baby will have Zoey and Brody, but no human sibilings for a while!
Have you felt the baby move?
Not yet! I am dying to feel those little flutters and movements that we saw on the last ultrasound!
Miscellaneous
Did you have morning sickness?
Oh my gosh, yes. I was miserable. It seriously feels like a terrible hang over that you can't take anything for.
Did you have any cravings?
I crave fruit like crazy! I can't get enough of it. I also crave Rice Krispie Treats!
Did you have any mood swings?
Haha! Yes! I cry at the drop of a hat. The first couple weeks I was so stressed out with all of the big changes that we had coming up, I was terrible to be around. Everything made me mad or cry!
Are you a high risk pregnancy?
No, thank goodness. At first they treated it like it was and my hormones and blood pressure were monitored super close and I couldn't work out at all. But after we heard the heartbeat, everything was perfect!
Any complications?
No, thank the good Lord!
Formula or Breastfeeding?
Definitely breastfeeding.
Have you bought anything for the baby yet?
Not really. Our parents have though! Baby has tons of clothes and books already!
When did you start to show?
Well, according to my doc I am fluffy. I am at the stage where people don't know if I am pregnant or fat. But my hip bones are disappearing, so I would say my fluff came at about 11 weeks.
How long could you wear your regular clothes?
Until 12 weeks.... then I bought maternity jeans and as long as they are making those things, I am not sure I am going to be able to wear anything else! Ok, not really, but I am so comfortable now!
Will you keep the baby’s clothes?
Yes, definitely!
Home or Hospital?
Hospital. I am not one to want to walk into my bedroom and think, "Yay! My vagina turned itself inside out right in this spot."
Ok, I am totally kidding. But I just think we have hospitals for a reason, and they should be used.
Natural or Medicated birth?
Well, my plan is to try and labor without the epidural for as long as I can and if I can do natural then awesome... But that's a plan, and everyone knows plans don't always work out...And this one probably won't.
Who will be in the delivery room with you?
Ryan!
Do you think you will need a C-section?
I really hope not!
Will you cry when you hold the baby for the 1st time?
Um, let me think... YES. I cry just thinking about it. Ah crap, now I am crying.
Psh, hormones.
What’s the 1st thing you might say to the baby?
Hmm...
"Oh my gosh you are so cute!" (first thing I said at our first ultrasound) or
"Hi baby"
Will you let anyone video tape the birth?
I have not really thought about it, and not sure I would ever watch the video. I might have a photographer there to do those cute pictures that everyone is having done these days.
Are you excited?
I am above and beyond excited, and so is Ryan, probably more than I am if that is possible.
Who will help you with the baby after the birth?
My mom and Ryan. But my mom will only be there for a couple days to make sure we are settled. ryan and I will only get to be together with baby for a couple weeks before Ryan is off to training and then he moves to Germany before us.
What is your favorite thing about being pregnant?
Everything! I love the glowing happy feeling that I always have. I love knowing that something i growing inside me.
I love it all!
What is the worst thing about being pregnant?
OK, I love everything except for peeing all the time. That is such a pain.
What’s one thing you miss doing since being pregnant?
Enjoying beverages! Well, that and fitting into all my cute and expensive jeans!
Any days you wish you were not pregnant?
Are you kidding me? Pregnancy is a miracle! I would never in a million years take this for granted.
Are you ready for a baby?
I sure hope so!
Do you have insurance?
Yes, thank goodness.
How many kids do you want?
I would love to have three...
Do you talk to the baby?
Kind of, not really. I tell baby that I love him or her a lot. I think its because I am still in that stage where it almost doesn't feel real. I hardly have any pregnancy symptoms anymore so I forget that I have our little bebe in there! Now Ryan on the other hand talks to baby all the time.
Do you still feel attractive?
Yes, for the most part! I definitely feel the glow. Now that my skin is looking better (omg pregnancy acne sucks), my hair is shiny and growing like crazy, and I feel healthy. But there are those days when I look in the mirror and I wonder what it will be like to actually have a bump and not just look like I am an over stuffed tukey with a beer gut.
Have you had your baby shower yet?
Nope! Not for another couple months.... I have no idea how that is going to go considering we move to Germany right after the baby is born. How are we going to get all of our stuff there?!
How far along are you now?
13 weeks today!
So since we decided to announce using a chalkboard, I started the ever so popular
Chalkboard Weekly Bump-dates!
(I know I am not standing in this one... I am having troubles uploading pictures from my computer so I can't get the picture of me in it onto my blog.)
Week 11 really was heaven! I finally was rid of all my morning sickness which was so nice! We also were getting to go to our first Little Rock OB appointment in between week 11 and week 12! At the appointment, we got to see baby moving all around in there. At one point baby even jumped across the screen! It was definitely one of those moments that I laughed and cried. It was such a miracle to see that little baby in there! We also go to hear baby's heartbeat with the doppler for the first time! It was 167 beats per minute. Such a beautiful sound. I can't wait until we get to hear it again!
This was the utterly terrible picture that we got of the ultrasound! Stand away from your computer in order to see it! The bottom arrow is pointing at the head. The little face is highlighted and you can almost make out a mouth and cheek bone. The high arrow is pointing to his or her little leggie!
I hit week 12 as of January 11th! I feel so much more relaxed now than I did before. I don't know if it is because I know everything is going perfect, just the way God planned, or if I have had my fill of pregnancy symptoms so I know everything is ok.
Those two new foreign objects attached to my chest are an awesome addition to my body during pregnancy! My boobs are seriously the only thing that make me feel pregnant right now, besides that cute little fluff you see growing under my shirt. Here is a comparison picture from 6 weeks until now so you can see how much my tummy has changed (Goodbye hip bones!)
Well, thats all I have for y'all until I finish up my 13 week board today!
I also craved fruit and oddly enough, rice krispie treats lol. My husband says he loved me being pregnant because I would make us dessert for the first and only time period of our lives. I am so happy for you guys! Reading this gives me pregnancy fever! Uh oh ...
ReplyDeleteI love this! I'm so excited for you and I can only imagine the emotions you are going through with all this excitement.
ReplyDeleteAnd those chalkboards...goodness girl! You are talented :)