Oh! And this was really fun! Ryan and I survived our first Tornado Warning! Exciting right?! Not....
We were sitting on the couch enjoying a few episodes of That 70's show, when all of the sudden we hear something outside that sounded like music. Since we live on base we figured it was "Taps' playing, but quickly realized that it was not "Taps" when it wasn't 8 o'clock yet.... I wish someone could have taken pictures of our faces when we realized it was the tornado sirens going off.
I freaked. Tornadoes are my biggest fear ever. And that little storm actually did produce one, but the tornado was gone just as fast as it came down. Picture me and Ryan, each with a dog in our arms, on either side of the toilet and a couch cushion over our heads.... For 20 minutes... Needless to say I am ready to move.
How far along?
14 weeks!
14 weeks!
Total weight gain/loss:
Since pre-preggo, I am down 10 so far... hoping this will start going up soon!
Since pre-preggo, I am down 10 so far... hoping this will start going up soon!
Maternity clothes?
Yes, I am that person who gave in at 11 weeks to buy maternity jeans. Now I won't wear anything else!
Yes, I am that person who gave in at 11 weeks to buy maternity jeans. Now I won't wear anything else!
Stretch marks?
Unfortunately, I got some the first time I was pregnant (Why? I have no freaking idea, but the doc said that some women get them with hormonal changes). Now the pre-existing ones are just super bright... Can't wait to see how many I have in a few months... That will be interesting!
Unfortunately, I got some the first time I was pregnant (Why? I have no freaking idea, but the doc said that some women get them with hormonal changes). Now the pre-existing ones are just super bright... Can't wait to see how many I have in a few months... That will be interesting!
Best moment this week:
We got to hear baby's heartbeat with our at home Doppler! We are going to have to wait a couple more weeks until baby is a little bit bigger to hear it more clearly and be able to measure it, but we definitely heard the faint "whoosh, whoosh, whoosh..."It's the best sound ever!
Miss anything:
Not really... Except beer. I could really use a beer.
Not really... Except beer. I could really use a beer.
Movement:
Not sure... Every once in a while I get this little tap tap really low and I think that might be it, but not sure yet!
Food cravings:
Yes! I crave fruit, soft-serve ice cream, rice krispie treats, and oreos!
Yes! I crave fruit, soft-serve ice cream, rice krispie treats, and oreos!
Anything making you queasy or sick:
Unfortunately, chicken does. No matter what I try and hide the chicken in, I just can't stand the taste or smell of it. I also have a hard time eating things like salad and nuts.
Have you started to show yet:
Yes, I can finally feel the fundus (top) of my uterus so it's safe to say I am out of the fluffy stage and into the bump stage!
Gender:
Hopefully we find out at our appointment next week!
Hopefully we find out at our appointment next week!
Labor Signs:
I sure hope not!
Belly Button in or out?
In. I have (well, had) the world's smallest belly button and I went through 3 days of sharp pain in my belly button and BAM! I have this huge, round belly button now!
In. I have (well, had) the world's smallest belly button and I went through 3 days of sharp pain in my belly button and BAM! I have this huge, round belly button now!
Wedding rings on or off?
Still on!
Happy or Moody most of the time:
I am happy most of the time, but I definitely have my moments. All I gotta say is, don't be rude and always let me have my way, otherwise, we are going to have problems!








You are precious!! I have no idea you were pregnant! Congrats lady! :)
ReplyDeleteI stumbled upon your blog a few months ago and stopped checking for new posts in December (I think) but I am SO glad I decided to check back for the exciting updates and can't wait to follow your exciting journey during pregnancy!
ReplyDeleteI was reading your about me and I'm a Pi Phi too! I was part of the Indiana Zeta chapter at Ball State University! I knew I would be able to relate to your blog and its great to find another angel who blogs! :)