Thursday, March 28, 2013

18 Weeks... Gender Reveal!! *video here*

The past few weeks have felt like a whirlwind! They have gone so quickly that I am starting to lose track of where I am in the pregnancy! It is all going way too fast for me. 
I thought I would give an update! This post is an exciting one for me because we got to find out if baby Rogl is a little man or little lady at 18 weeks!
 I missed a couple chalkboard updates, so I will start off with those!
 
 
I felt incredible from about 11 weeks to 14 weeks, when all of the sudden, morning sickness decided to take its second shot at me. It started first thing in the moring in between 14 and 15 weeks and didn't end for 3 weeks. During this time, I also came down with a nasty cold that last about 2 weeks. Thus, the reason I am not in this picture. You did not want to see me lookin' the way I did! But that craving for cupcakes did not go away and seemed to get more intense every day!
 
So I went to Colorado to get some of my favorite cupcakes ever!
 
 
Ok, I really went to visit my family... But you can imagine the first thing we did when I got off the airplane was go straight to Chef Sugar's and get me the best cupcake ever!
 
 
 
 
So then 16 weeks came along and I was still having to chew ginger gum and keep my seabands on at all times, but I was at least able to start incorporating food back into my life.
 
 
 
This is when I also got to feel baby's first flutters!!
 
I can't describe the how it feels when you know that baby is moving. You just know that it's baby and not gas this time. We were sitting in prayer at church just after an awesome sermon and jammin' worship song, when I felt something twitch in my lower belly, kind of close to my left hip. The only way I can describe it is that it felt when you are holding a bag of goldfish walking out of the pet store and the fish keep popping up against the sides of the bag trying to get out. That's exactly how it felt in my tummy... little tiny pops. I was so excited and couldn't wait to tell everyone in the world that I felt it!
 

Blue or Pink: What do you think?!

18 Weeks

 
 
I can't begin to describe the feeling you have a couple days before you go in for such an important appointment. There is so much anxiety, worry, yet excitement that we, as new parents, felt leading up to that point. We were exhausted when it was finally Monday morning from the lack of sleep all weekend! But it was finally time to see what had become of the little tiny being inside.
An anatomy scan is performed anywhere from 18-22 weeks of the pregnancy. It is there to get a good look at the entire body of the baby to make sure everything is growing right and their little insides are perfect. It can detect problems such as a congenital heart defect to chromosomal issues. And it's also there so we can see the gender!
 
 
 




How far along?
18 weeks!
Total weight gain/loss:
I am breaking even with my pre-pregnancy weight!

Maternity clothes?
It is the only thing I will wear! And I have tons of cute stuff!
Stretch marks?
Yes! Lots of them! They started just at the tops of my hips and are now starting to appear on the tops of my thighs! Joy!

Best moment this week:
We get to find out if baby Rogl is a he or she!!!

 
Miss anything:
Still not missing anything really. Except eating whatever I wanted to. Every time I look at my favorite foods, my body is like, "Meh, I would rather puke."

Movement:
Lots of movement! And Ryan was able to feel the baby move from the outside! Baby does flips all the time and really loves when I eat ice cream or drink a Sprite.

Food cravings:
Ice cream, cupcakes, Sprite, pasta, fruit, and ice cream...

Anything making you queasy or sick:
Everything related to healthy. I can't do any kind of meat! It's so frustrating!

Have you started to show yet:
Most definitely showing! I have people ask me how far along I am all the time now!

Gender:
Coming soon!!!

Labor Signs:
Not at all! 
Belly Button in or out?
Still in, but I added some fun belly button progress pictures at the end!

Wedding rings on or off?
Still on

Happy or Moody most of the time:
For some reason I have had an angry streak, which leads to full days of scrubbing my house... Which then makes me happy. My poor hubs, I locked him out one day because he didn't say goodbye to me nice enough one morning. But I really am happy most of the time.

Looking forward to:
Announcing if baby Rogl is a boy or girl!!
 
 
 
 

Our Gender Reveal Video!

 
 
Since our family and friends all live so far away from us, we couldn't do a gender reveal party like we wanted. So, we decided to make a video that would recap the pregnancy so far and reveal if we are team blue or team pink!

No comments:

Post a Comment