Thursday, March 28, 2013

20 Weeks!

 
I can't believe I am halfway through my pregnancy!! Time is flying by and I can't imagine what it will be like the second half!
 
I got to go into the doctor and have another ultrasound this week! I definitely wasn't planning on it, but because I scared my doctor and myself half to death, we decided an ultrasound would be a good thing to do.
 
Did you know that when you are pregnant, your blood vessels almost double in size, allowing for more blood flow through your body to your precious little baby? Did you know this also means that your blood pressure can drop super easy? My doctor kept warning me at all of our appointments that my blood pressure was always really low, so make sure I rest a lot or I am at risk of passing out. Well you can ask any of my family members and they will tell you I am a pro at passing out, so I didn't really think anything of it.
 One quiet morning while Ryan was still home, I went to go pee for the billionth time that morning and standing up was the last thing I remember! I woke up face down in Ryan's office which is two rooms away. Ryan was trying to roll me over over onto my side and immediately I freaked out. I was on my stomach... ON MY BABY GIRL! I felt her kicking right away, so I knew she was ok for the moment, but needless to say, I was off to my doc's for an ultrasound. She was perfect and happy in there! And she was still a girl (another worry of mine).
 
How far along?
20 weeks
Total weight gain/loss:
Still breaking even with my pre-pregnancy weight.

Maternity clothes?
Lots of cute clothes
Stretch marks?
Oh yeah, I have enough to give to the whole state of Arkansas right now! They have gone all the way down to my calves! Why? Who knows.... I am not swelling or anything, but they are there.

Best moment this week:
Getting to see baby girl again!

 



Miss anything:
I still miss normal food and being able to cook whatever was easy. Its not easy for me to cook at all anymore!  

Movement:
Tons of movement. Her kicks are so strong now!

Food cravings:
Fruit, ice cream, chocolate, fruit, cupcakes, and Sprite

Anything making you queasy or sick:
Just meat and poultry and fish. Ya know, the good stuff.

Have you started to show yet:
So much! I can't believe that at 14 weeks I thought I was huge!

Gender:
A beautiful baby girl!

Labor Signs:
None! But I do think I had a Braxton Hick contraction one night.  
Belly Button in or out?
Its flattening out! I can't believe how foreign it looks!

Wedding rings on or off?
On and off. :-/

Happy or Moody most of the time:
I am back to be happy most of the time! I have a couple moments here and there, but I am learning to control them well.  

Looking forward to:
I think I will always be looking forward to our next appointment just in case we get to see our sweet girl!  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment