Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Saying "I Do"

There is no feeling like the moment you are just about to walk down the aisle. I thought I would be crying tears of joy, but I couldn't stop smiling. It was truly the happiest day ever. I was blown away when I looked out and saw all of our guests there. I saw my bridemaids, our groomsmen, the Chaplain, and at the end of the aisle, there Ryan was, beaming back at me.
 
At 4:00 pm our wedding ceremony started...
 
 
 
The organ, which is incredible beyond belief, was piping the sweet tunes of wedding bliss.
 

 
My mom was stunning, just sayin'. My mom and I did everything for the wedding. Every single detail we planned out or made together. She made sure not a single thing went wrong the enitre day.
 
Our moms are very close, so it was special that they were both able to participate in the wedding together.


 
My sister was of course the last to come down the aisle before my flowergirls and junior bridemaids came down....

 
...and finally, it was my turn to walk down the aisle....

What can I say about walking down the aisle..... Every aspect of that moment was a dream come true. The aisle of the Air Force Academy is huge, so I had a long time to take everything in. When I first started down the aisle I could hear the perfect clink of my heals on the floor, the sun was shining so my dress was glistening, I looked up and saw all the colors coming from all the panes of stained glass, all the guests staring back at me, the look on my dad’s face as he beamed down at me, and then that moment when I made eye contact with Ryan at the end of the aisle. There are no words for that moment. I don’t even remember anything else after the moment we locked eyes. *tears* hehe




 
My dad was so proud. He couldn't stop smiling, but you could tell it was hard to give his baby away.

 
As we said our vows, everything around us seemed to disipate. It felt like we were standing in the chapel alone. I choke out our vows and Ryan stood proud and presented the traditional vows to me.

 
Our photographer was amazing at capturing the moments that no one else gets to see.


 
Still one of my favorite parts about our wedding... The chapel is amazing!

 
Once we said our vows, it was time to exchange the rings.... It was sparkly, I can tell ya that for sure!

 
And just as fast as the ceremony started, we were pronounced,
"Lt. & Mrs. Rogl"


 
We had a traditional military wedding, so we had a sarber arch with six of ryan's closest Air Force buddies.

 
And one of my favorite wedding pictures that all couples have,
the "Just Married" faces....
 
 
 
And there is more to come!!
 
 
All pictures artfully provided by Trystan Photography
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment