Monday, September 24, 2012

Starting a blog...

Welp, here I am writing my first blog post. I was so excited to get to this point, and now I have no clue what to write. Go figure. I guess I will tell you a little bit about why I decided to start a blog.

Ryan and I just wrapped up our first year of marriage in June. Honestly, it has been the best and the quickest year of my life. I thought it was going to be hard considering we hadn't lived with each other prior to getting married, but besides getting used to little things (ie. he still can't put a bag back in the trash can after taking the trash out), it has been very fun and easy. The other day I sat down and started to reminsce about the year and realized we have done a crap ton of stuff and I am not documenting any of it!

Let me start off with a few things you need to know about us:

1. We love our home. Its not packed full of crazy expensive things, but its home-y and comfortable and us.

2. We love to clean. We are proud of our home, so we I we I am always tidying, cleaning and decorating.

3. We love crafting... Ok, ok, I love crafting and Ryan hates funding them, but he sure does love how they turn out!

4. We love to eat and love to cook together. But we also have a budget and great bods (just sayin') so we watch what we eat and what we put in the grocery cart.

5. We love to work out. We run together, we go to the gym together, and I love to do my workout DVDs on my lazy days.

6. We love to do things with our dogs. They are spoiled as crap. They get long walks and they eat the best food and have the best toys. And they sleep with us... Don't judge :)

7. I love to shop and unfortunately, I have expensive taste.
8. I love to snuggle. On the couch, on our back porch, under the stars, under the covers, first thing in the morning, on the counter,  in the shower.... Bow chick-a wowow.... oh right.... anyways....

9. We don't have any time to do these things.


Why is that you ask??


 My day starts at 4:30 every most mornings with a mean (Ok, semi-mean) workout . Usually consisting of a long run or some HIIT on the treadmill with some weights. And sometimes I get lazy and break out the workout DVDs or just sleep in, because I like sleeping in too. Getting ready is another hour on top of my morning routine. I like to look good when I go to work, just sayin'.


I work full-time as a rehab specialist. My hours are from 8 am to 6 pm (Don't worry, I go home and play with the puppies for lunch). I see 16 patients a day (well, most days), 1 every half hour. I don't get much time in between patients and completing clinical documents. But those hours don't leave me much time at home to do things around the house or go work out. So, this first year of marriage has challenged me to be creative with my time and to figure out how to be as much of a housewife as possible.


Ryan is a full-time "student." Not your typical student though. Ryan is a student pilot for the Air Force. He leaves at 5 am and gets home whenever he is done with flights, classes, or tests which is typically around 6pm.


When Ryan gets home in the evening, he is hungry and ready for dinner. The health nut in me never wants to eat after five, but if I am going to get my husband to sit down and have a conversation with me before he runs back into his office to study for the night, I have to make him a good meal. Dishes, puppies, and my evening cleaning chores.



My night ends at 10. Just enough time for me to catch a Friends episode on Nick at Nite and get in those snuggles that I love so much.


 Us snuggling.... Can't figure out how to get it to turn, so this is what ya get!

No comments:

Post a Comment