Saturday, October 13, 2012

Assignments are in!

 
Excitement & pure joy (and a dash of shock)
 
That describes our night.... Perfectly.
 
 
Going into assignment night, we know the options, we have put in out preferences, but you truly have no idea what the outcome of the night is going to be.
 
 
 
The drop list is divied up amongst three other bases. Forty other pilots get to chose from that list. When the commanders are making the decisions as to where they are going to send their pilots, they actually have to fight against the other bases for their pilots to make sure they can get their top choices. Some of the assignment nights are great, and some are amazing.
 
For the T-1 pilots in 13-01, it was pretty amazing.
 
And we are pleased to announce we are going to GERMANY!!!!
 
 

The reveal had a "Let's make a deal" theme.
In one of these boxes was a golden plane that would reveal the plane that you were assigned.


The commander of the base was sitting front and center!

Three planes were shown on the screen (These were all awesome options).
The C-130 J (#3) was Ryan's number one choice.

He started with the first box containing the C-17... no golden plane yet!

He DID find the golden plane in number three!!!
C-130 J it is! 


Next, the screen would show where we were heading!

And there it was ladies and gentlemen.... C-130 J to Ramstein AFB, Germany!

I was more than ecstatic! I screamed and cried and laughed...
And of course, shock took over! 

I have never been more proud of my husband. That was such an amazing feeling!

Front and center, he is a very happy boy!
 
 
 
I can't even describe the emotions I felt last night. For about an hour I couldn't say a word. I was scared when I thought about moving away from my family. I cried when I heard family members tear up. I laughed whenever someone said it out loud. But nothing was going to take away the joy that I felt in knowing that my husband got his first choice and we are onto an amazing adventure. If someone would have told me we were going to be spending our first assignment in Germany, I would have thought you were looney. But here we are, looking up information on Ramstein AFB while laying in bed and soaking in this moment.
 
 
Thank you all for your love & support! I can't wait to be able to share all of our upcoming adventures with everyone!
 
 

1 comment: