We all have that picture that we look back on and think "what in the Lord's name was I wearing?" or maybe you wonder, "what the hell were people thinking when they made this the 'it' style?"
Well I am here to tell ya, folks, that after years of wanting to be a fashion designer, I never started my own trend.
I wore the absolutely weirdest shit to make a statement. Don't judge, I was ballsy. Anyone remember my fishnet belt/accessory/thing I wore over khakis or wearing regular t-shirts over polo shirts to get away with wearing cute clothes at a Catholic school? I really wish I still had a picture of the gypsy maxi skirt that I used to have that was decked out in sequins from my hip to the floor which I paired with a polo. I was totally rockin' it....trust me.
So what's the occasion for this random post? I am doing a link up today with Aly at Analyze This to share those crazy outfits we wore and are horrified to look back on! Considering I used to want to create the newest styles and trends for women, I decided it would be a perfect topic for me to do my first link up on! Now, you have to check out her awesome jean jacket with khakis....
So the first one I HAD to share was my senior year with the rest of my art class... Though the picture is not very good, you can definitely tell I am trying make a bold statement with my mini cardi, polo, and banging belt... and yes, I do wear glasses! Um... is that a popped collar?!
Ah yes, the mico denim skirt.... This picture was taken in Vegas when I was 18 and getting ready to head out onto the strip, eager to not be able to drink alcohol or gamble... But we sure were stylin' and profilin'... Seriously, look at that tan and OMG THAT POPPED COLLAR. Hell yes, I was awesome.
Ok, adter looking through some stuff, I decided I had to add more!
Homecoming outfit anyone?
This Miss America shirt was one of my absolute favortie shirts...
Don't you just love my matching lipstick?
Ah yes, the Tommy Hilfiger outfit that was at JC Pennys 10 years ago.... I had to have this outfit, and I actually wore it like that in public.... Can you say skank-a-whorous?
Um, Look at my hair, the shell necklace, and the shirt.... thats all.. :)
*Please not my adorable little sister rocking a longer sleeve version of my shirt and the green skirt... Oh man, we were cute!
I hope that you all could take take some notes on my amazing fashion! Ha! Now it is your turn to share with everyone: what was your biggest fashion faux pas?
Have a great night ya'll!
This was so funny. I am loving the pop collar look and I think I might have had that same skirt. HA.. I am following now:) Hysterical. You are adorable though anyway.
ReplyDelete