Monday, October 8, 2012

Lovely Weekend....

I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend, and if you are still enjoying the weekend with the day off for Columbus Day, then I am a jealous biotch! Our weekend was nice, but didn't do too much. Friday was spent in front of the TV watching...something... and pigging out on some frozen pizza and SoCo grilled chicken, veggies and water. It was a perfect night to spend in since we had such a crazy week.
 
Saturday was a treat for us! We jumped in the car and drove a couple hours (rooaadd triipp!) over to Tulsa to spend some time with a dear friend of mine, Brittany, who had her baby on October 4th! Welcome to the world baby Trey! He is absolutely adorable and such a blessing to Brittany and her husband. We love little dudes, so it was fun for us to go visit them in the hospital!
Since it was only 40 degrees the entire day outside, it was perfect weather to start up the fire pit on the porch and roast marshmallows! I love having cooler weather (and the burn ban lifted) so we can enjoy the outdoors. 
 
*Churchy warning* Church on Sunday morning is always a perfect way to start the day. We attend an awesome church that is growing tremendously. We a re doing a series in the book of Philippians and yesterday was all about finding a person in Christ that we look up to. I immediately thought of another military spouse who is a little older than I am. She has such a great outlook on the crazy life we live in the military and allowing Christ to guide us through moving and deployments. I definitely could not imagine someone better too look up to for my journey with God. Who would you look up to to help guide you back/closer to living a godly life?
 
The rest of Sunday was spent grocery shopping and cleaning around the house. We had some friends come over a little later in the day for some dinner and some more fire time. I would have stayed up to party with everyone, but I had to be up this morning to work out and go to work, unlike every one else.... Yeah, I am bitter...
 
Here are some fun pictures from this weekend!
 
 
 
The AKA (American Kite Association) was in Enid to fly kites... Definitely a highlight for the podunk town!

Heading down to Tulsa!

Baby Trey!



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



Bundled up to go outside and make smores!!!

Cute outfit for the cool weather!


Zoey snuggles!

Post-spin class this morning


My husband left the top on the Brita when he filled it up this morning, so stupid me I thought the water was already at the bottom of it, so I picked it up thinking it was going to be heavy and spilled dumped it all over the kitchen...




Did anyone notice I didn't mention running at all this weekend?? Yep, epic 1/2 training fail.... Oh well, I get to make up for it this week! 

 
 


1 comment: