Sunday, October 7, 2012

Breakfast + Cleaning Challenge

I have been trying hard to find new ways to make my Body by Vi shakes more interesting.
My normal variation of the shake is 2 scoops of the Vi- Shape shake, 3 oz. of Acai Berry SuperJuice, 6 oz. of unsweetened Silk Almond Milk, frozen strawberries, 1/2 banana, and blueberries. It tastes awesome, keeps me filled up all morning, and gets me a great serving of fruit with protein.
 
 
 
 
This morning, I was totally jonesing for a Starbucks coffee, but I have spent enough there this week and I would really love to stay in my PJ's since it is only 30 degrees out. So I whipped out my Vi shake mix, Via Starbucks powdered coffee and my Unsweetened Silk Milk, threw it all into my Magic Bullet and poured myself an incredibly delicious frappuccino! BONUS: it is only 200 calories!
 
 
 
 
Ok, second order of business.... I also wanted to let you know I am going to be doing a cleaning challenge this week! Its going to be a very big week for us and with work and Air Force events all week, I have to keep the house clean for the next week when 12 people are coming into town for Ryan's graduation. So, I have a created a cleaning challenge for me that will help me to keep it all tidy!
 
 
 

One Week Cleaning Challenge

 
  1. Shiny Sink Sunday: Love to have a shiny kitchen sink? Me too! Today is a day to focus on cleaning the kitchen and shining up the sink extra well!
  2. Moldy Bathroom Monday: No, my bathrooms are not moldy, but they need a good swipe. Today focuses on deep cleaning the showers, counters, toilets, and sinks.
  3. Trashy Tuesday: Ryan picked this one- clean the house...naked... Could you have guessed that a man thought that one up? Yeah.... Today is a day to focus on cleaning out the trash. Bathroom and bedroom trashcans should be cleared. Go through the fridge and pantry and throw out old food, trash old mail or reciepts laying around, and trash old dog toys (If you have doggies).
  4. Windows Wednesday: Don't just clean the windows, but make sure you hit the mirrors in the whole house too. If you have some extra time, hose down the outside of the windows to really give them extra sparkle.
  5. Touch-up Thursday: Go through the house and make sure you touch up little things that you have already done around the house. Make sure your bathroom counter is clear of makeup and hairspray residue and that your kitchen is still sparkling.
  6. Floors Friday: Focus on all surfaces that we track across every day. Sweep, mop, scrub them with a toothbrush (maybe your husbands toothbrush, depending on how much he drove you crazy over the weekend), vacuum, or do what you do to make your floors look great.
  7. Dusty Sarturday: Dust every surface in the house! Get under the TV, in the china cabinet, and the mantle.
 
 
I am starting off the challenge with a semi- clean house. I have swept, swiped, and vacuumed all areas of the house. Each day I am still going to complete a load of dishes and laundry (huge challenge) and clean after food preparation, duh. 
 
Alright, get to cleaning! Have a great Sunday!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment