Hello all!
This weekend has been full of so much love and fun.... and lots of craziness!
So this is going to be a long post, get ready!
Friday was Ryan's graduation from UPT (undergrad pilot training) and had a house full of family and friends from Thursday until this morning. It was such a blast and we couldn't be more blessed to have so much love and support from everyone around us.
Everyone (parents and gradparents) came into town on Wednesday night. It is about a 10 hour drive from Colorado Springs to Enid, America, so we were sure to prepare for their arrival with tons of yummy food. Even though I wish I could take all the credit for my beautiful house and the food prepared, I just can't. My little sister came in to save the day and help clean and make food for everyone.
We made an incredible Crockpot Green Chili Pulled Chicken Burritos(recipe to come) for dinner for everyone. This recipe is so quick and easy and you really don't need much to make it amazing. And again, I love mexican, so it was only fitting to have burritos. To satisfy my sweet tooth, I made up a batch of Pumpkin Spice Puppy Chow. The puppy chow is to die for. The recipe is also to come at a later time. I highly recommend that you make it during this season.
My parents couldn't wait to give ryan his present for graduation, so it was one of the first things we did when they got here! I knew what he was getting and it was is so perfect for a new pilot! I couldn't wait for his reaction, but I also got a little surprise too!
Matching aviator Ray-Bans!
We are obsessed with them already.
-Ray-Ban aviators from sunglass hut
Red Carpet Day
So we started off with Red Carpet Day on Thursday. This day is dedicated to bringing the soon-to-be pilot's spouse and family around the squadron, flight simulators, flight control tower, hypobaric chamber, and to see the aircrafts that Ryan has flown the past year.
We started off with getting to see the planes! I wish I would have gotten to see what the plane was like before this point, because they look a lot bigger when they are flying than what they actually are. Even after seeing all of the flight instruments and the thousands of buttons in the cockpit, I DO NOT understand how the heck my husband could learn it all.
Here is us on the wing of the T-6, the plane Ryan started with
And this is the T-1, the plane that Ryan ended pilot training with!
The T-1 looks huge when its flying around, but if you want to know how small it really is, here is Ryan sitting on the toilet in the back of the T-1...
He can't stand up, and there is barely enough room to fit through the door.
No wonder these planes have weight limits....
This is the cockpit of the T-1!! The left side is the Pilot in Command seat and the right one is the co-pilot spot.
Graduation Day
Friday consisted of dress up fancy and celebrating all of Ryan's accomplishments over the past year. It was a pretty great day.
And I got to pin his pilot wings on!
(I look like a total chunk.... I seriously don't know why I look so awful in this dress)
Happy boys!!
And this was our whole group!
After graduation we hung out at home and enoyed ourselves before the incredible dinner that was held for the graduating class. We spent the after noon opening gifts and reminiscing. This was the gift that I gave Ryan! He loved it!
So after an amazing day, Ryan recieved his official wings! I have much more to update on this post and I will do so at a later time!








Hey Jaime!I love your posts.I hope you keep blogging!!! I am sure you have plenty of material with all thats been going on in your life. I am sure you are super busy! Hope all is well!!!
ReplyDelete