Wednesday, October 31, 2012

This is the life of a military wife

Our orders for our next base came in yesterday morning...
(woop woop!)
 
We are thrilled to announce that the Rogl's are going to be living in Little Rock by January 2013 and shipping off to Germany in August 2013!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Wow, that soon you ask? Yeah, we are a little shocked too. And why on earth are we having to move to Little Rock? Well, Ryan has to report to Little Rock to complete training for the C-130J. Even though he knows how to fly a plane, he still has to specialize in the specific plane that he will be flying the rest of his career. Once his training for the C-130J is complete, he has to go to water survival training and SERE (survival, evasion, resistance, escape)-basically he will be thrown into the woods with no food and then they will simulate a "capture".
 
 
Everyone keeps asking me, "how can you just pick up your life an move?!" Well, I tell everyone it is easy and the reasons are simple. I know I have to move, I didn't marry a military man thinking I was going to stay in one place. It is easy because I have always known that his career would come first and mine comes second. It is easy because we don't have kids and its easy because we don't have to move ourselves and its easy because this is what I spent 4 years preparing for.
 
Well, I learned today that I am pretty full of shit when I started writing out my letter of resignation to my company. It is not easy at all. This was my career with the company of my dreams. I didn't really think about it until I was writing out the word "resignation" that I was having to pick up and leave something so amazing. I spent 6 weeks in training in San Antonio away from my husband exactly a year ago. And a year from my very first day, I had to turn in my resignation. I started thinking about all of the things I was going to be "resigning" from here in Enid. I am resigning from my career, from my favorite gym (Iron Works), from my friends, from my neighborhood, from our first home, and the list goes on.  So as I continued my letter of resignation, the tears flowed. But once I was done and I hit send, I realized that I am also accepting a new position elsewhere. I am accepting the postition of a new friend, a new home, a new neighborhood, possibly a new job, new gym memberships, and above all, I am accepting a closer relationship with my husband.
 
 
It took me a few minutes to remember it, but there is nothing like moving to a foreign place, shutting the door after your family leaves and realizing that all you ever need is the man standing across the room staring back at you.
 
 
Picking up my life is no where close to being easy, but that feeling that you get when your relationship with your husband becomes stronger than you ever thought it could.... THAT is what makes it easy.
 
And that, my friends, is the life of a military wife.
 
 
So enough with mushy gushy stuff..
 
WE ARE MOVING TO GERMANY!!!!
 
 
 
 





 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! It brought tears to my eyes! You guys are about to embark on an incredible journey together! So happy for you! --(em9311 ig)

    ReplyDelete