Monday, October 1, 2012

Workin' on my fitness....

 

Good morning, ladies!


Over the past year it has taken me a HUGE amount of motivation to stay active. And as much as I hate to admit it, I have fallen out of a healthy routine and had to stumble my way back in to it. The first year of marriage is so fun getting to learn new recipes and hanging out with your new hubby, that we often lose sight of how well those cute jeans fit you right before you were married. And some new brides have done a great job keeping up, but are finding it harder and harder to schedule in a workout during the day with that new job they got to start paying off a new mortgage. Whether you fit into on of those categories or you have never stepped foot on a treadmill before, we can all benefit from a little extra motivation and accountability when it comes to working on our health.

I got off track when I started working. Being a homemaker and a working woman was not an easy task for me and I forgot to take care of myself. Being brutally honest, I gained some weight in my first year of marriage. Even though I stayed active, I didn't eat right. In June, I promised myself to not let get work and bring a wife get in the way of me taking care of myself properly. I committed myself to going to the gym at least 5 to 6 days a week and eating much healthier. This was not an easy task for me to take on. My first patient comes in at 8:00 am and I am finished with my patients and clinical documents around 6:00 pm. That really doesn't leave me too much time to get my butt to the gym. So I made the commitment to get to the gym by 4:45 and work out for an hour and a half. So far, I am pretty impressed with my dedication to my gym time!

Over the past 17 weeks, I have bounced around the idea of running a half-marathon. I have always enjoyed running, so why not make that a new fitness goal? Recently, I got word that there is a race in Tulsa. The blog that I heard about this through is called Mama Laughlin. She is a huge inspiration to many women and now and inspiration to me. Go check out her blog, she is amazing. The race is called the Route 66 Marathon and I have decided to register for it! I only have 8 weeks to formally train for it though. Luckily, I was running quite a bit before I made this decision so I have made up a 12-week plan anyways to share with everyone in case you, too, wanted to join me in meeting fitness goals.


Cross training can include biking, swimming, weight training, or plyometric circuits.


Since I was running already, I am going to start today on week 4. I will update with my progress and let everyone know how I am feeling about my first half coming up! I look forward to hearing about everyone's fitness goals and your success with them!
Have a fantastic day!







1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the blog recommendation! I am finally ready to start running/exercising again and I need all the inspiration I can get. I made myself a goal of running a half marathon by this time next year. Yesterday was my first week back at it and seriously, it's going to be hard. I am no where near half marathon shape right now. If you don't mind, I'll be referring back to this training schedule when the time comes! Thanks :)

    (FYI, IG: akagia)

    ReplyDelete